Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs Minigrants & the Northwest Michigan Arts & Culture Network
The Northwest Michigan Arts and Culture Network is the Region 2 advocate for the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs (MCACA) regional regranting program – also known as the “Minigrants” program.
MCACA minigrants provide funding assistance for local projects that are designed to:
- Address arts and cultural needs
- Increase public access to arts and culture
- Build organizational capacity through professional and organizational development
- Support projects that preserve, produce or present traditional or contemporary arts and culture
Grants are funded by the State of Michigan through the Michigan Arts and Cultural Affairs and administered through 10 local districts. Mary Gillett serves as the Region 2 contact for Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee and Wexford counties. Link here for a map & contacts for all Michigan regrant regions.
There are two minigrant funding options:
- Arts Project Minigrants of up to $4,000
- Professional & Organizational Development (POD) Minigrants of up to $1,500
The 2020 funding cycle is currently underway and applications are being accepted for minigrant projects and POD requests taking place between October 1, 2019 and September 30, 2020.
Deadline is August 3, 2019 at 11:59 pm EDT via egrant at mcaca.egrant.net.
Future opportunities may include include:
- Round 2 Minigrant Projects and PODs, applications due January 15, 2020 ONLY if funds are available after Round 1. There is no guarantee of Round 2 funding and, if available, will be very limited. All applicants are encouraged to submit in Round 1 if possible.
Application guidelines for FY 2020 Arts Project and POD minigrants can be downloaded here, from the the MCACA sites, or by contacting the regrant coordinator. Final report guidelines for POD and Minigrant projects can also be downloaded or requested. All applications and final reports must be submitted by e-grant at: mcaca.egrant.net.
Further information about Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and its other grant programs is available at: michiganbusiness.org/industries/MCACA
For further information, grant notifications or questions about Region 2 and the minigrant program in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee and Wexford counties, please contact:
Mary Bevans Gillett
MCACA Region 2 Regrant Administrator
Northwest Michigan Arts & Culture Network
The Region 2 Minigrant Program is supported through
funding by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and the National Endowment for the Arts.