Artists, performers, advocates, organizations, and others in the creative sector are invited to participate in one of eight community sessions hosted by the Northwest Michigan Arts & Culture Network throughout the region during April. Collaborating with local partners in each county, sessions are planned as community conversations to seek feedback on next steps in building the network and advocating for arts and culture throughout northwest Michigan. All are open to interested attendees at no charge.
All gatherings will include networking and refreshments as well as facilitated discussions to gather local input on how the network support artists, organizations, communities and the creative economy in each of five key identified areas:
- Connecting: Opportunities to know, connect, collaborate & network with each other
- Learning: Professional development/educational opportunities for organizations, disciplines and individuals. Sharing information for continued learning and access to resources.
- Promoting: Ability to cross promote and collaborate on PR/marketing/communications for greater reach and efficacy.
- Strengthening/Increasing Access to Funding: Developing strategies for greater business support, community partnerships, cultural economic development and funding opportunities.
- Advocating: Opportunities to advocate for funding/support for arts, culture and arts education via local, state and Federal governments and related entities.
Results and insights will be compiled and used at the 2nd Annual Regional Arts Summit slated for May 23 at Interlochen Center for the Arts.
Sessions are planned on the following dates, times and locations. All are open to to interested attendees at no charge. For more information or to get involved, contact Network Co-convener Mary Gillett at email@example.com or 231-883-8388.
Tuesday, April 4, 2017 – 3-4:30pm
Elizabeth Lane Oliver Center for the Arts
132 Coast Guard Road, Frankfort, MI 49635
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 – 4-5:30pm
Twisted Fish Gallery (hosted by Art Rapids!)
10443 S Bay Shore Drive, Elk Rapids, MI 49629
Thursday, April 6, 2017 – 4:30-6pm
Big Boy Restaurant/Back Room (hosted by Up North Arts)
1310 S. Mitchell Street, Cadillac, MI 49601
Monday, April 10, 2017 – 11:30am-1pm
Old Town Playhouse
148 East Eight Street, Traverse City, MI 49684
(immediately following MCACA grant workshop, 9-11:30am)
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 – Noon-1:30pm
Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts
101 Maple Street, Manistee, MI 49660
(Enter through First St. entrance, go downstairs to classroom)
Wednesday, April 12, 2017 – 6-7:30pm
Higher Art Gallery
126 South Union Street, Traverse City, MI 49684
Thursday, April 20, 2017 – 5:30am-7pm
Charlevoix Circle of Arts
109 Clinton St, Charlevoix, MI 49720
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 – 4-5:30pm
Crooked Tree Arts Center – Traverse City
322 Sixth Street, Traverse City, MI 49684